Today was a good day! I went to the temple with Momma and then I started my rock climbing class. My friend Jenn coaxed me into taking this class with her and I'm glad I did! It's a 4 week class taught at the Quarry in Provo. Tonight we learned how to tie the knots and get the belay thing set up. Then we were taught how to belay while the other partner got to climb the wall. Yeah... I didn't realize how scared of heights I was until I got about half way up the wall and had to go around a corner... especially when my muscles were getting fatigued and I was stressing about where I was going to grab next. All in all, it was fun. Hopefully I will get over the height thing because I do want to make it to the top. So yeah, I'm super excited about this class and I'm super excited to build my upper body strength and coordination. Yay for rock climbing! P.S. if anyone wants to come with me another night to help me practice I am totally game! P.S.S. That picture is going to be me this summer! ;)Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Rock Climbing
Today was a good day! I went to the temple with Momma and then I started my rock climbing class. My friend Jenn coaxed me into taking this class with her and I'm glad I did! It's a 4 week class taught at the Quarry in Provo. Tonight we learned how to tie the knots and get the belay thing set up. Then we were taught how to belay while the other partner got to climb the wall. Yeah... I didn't realize how scared of heights I was until I got about half way up the wall and had to go around a corner... especially when my muscles were getting fatigued and I was stressing about where I was going to grab next. All in all, it was fun. Hopefully I will get over the height thing because I do want to make it to the top. So yeah, I'm super excited about this class and I'm super excited to build my upper body strength and coordination. Yay for rock climbing! P.S. if anyone wants to come with me another night to help me practice I am totally game! P.S.S. That picture is going to be me this summer! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cool! Looks like fun. Don't worry, you'll get over the height thing! If you can do a zip line in a jungle in Costa Rica, you can do this :)
Good luck! You are much braver than I am...I always struggled with rock climbing.
I could tell a story on you from when we went to Snow Canyon when you were about 5. We were rock climbing, my kind of rock climbing. Not the straight up kind like you are doing, but going up a hillside covered with big rocks. You were a bit scared then, too :) Love ya.
Post a Comment